Research Learning Day - Emotion Coaching
Time & Location
About the Event
OUTLINE OF DAY
1. Recent research using emotion coaching in educational and community settings
· Marianne Doonan – Senior Educational Psychologist Evaluation outcomes from an Emotion Coaching Action research project as part of an Attachment Aware Trauma Informed project in North Yorkshire.
· Dr. Kirsten Krawczyk – Educational Psychologist – The impact of Emotion Coaching on school staff in a primary school.
· Dr. April Romney – Educational Psychologist - Facilitators and barriers to implementing Emotion Coaching in mainstream primary schools.
· Jo Davies – Deputy Head Teacher - Emotion Coaching as an approach to promote the emotional resilience and cognitive regulation of our disadvantaged KS2 children within writing lessons.
· Licette Gus – ECUK Educational Psychologist - Developing health professionals use of Emotion Coaching to support the social, emotional and mental health development of children and families in Northamptonshire.
2. Dr. Louise Gilbert - ECUK Research Lead – Getting started with Emotion Coaching research as a practitioner in the workplace setting
3. Informal research sharing – an invitation
Sharing of small case studies or pilots by our Emotion Coaching community (10 minutes each)
We encourage anyone who has consciously used EC in their work/home setting to consider presenting to others in our EC community. A possible format for these short little sharing sessions would be:
· Who was the focus of my research?
· The impact I thought EC would have on my subject (Research question)
· How would I notice this? (What measures did I take)
· What did I do? (Method)
· What happened? (Results)
· Reflections (Next steps and/or what you’d do the same or differently next time)
We would be delighted if you would share your Emotion Coaching work with us. Please contact us ask for the presentation proforma to help you on your way: email@example.com