Mon, Aug 17 | Online EC training course - Zoom
Digging Deeper into Emotion Coaching
An opportunity for those people who have attended one- or two-day training in Emotion Coaching to further explore the ideas informing Emotion Coaching and spend time on each of the four-steps of our Emotion Coaching framework
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Aug 17, 2020, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Online EC training course - Zoom
About the Event
Licette Gus leads this day and invites you to join her and dig deeper into your understanding and use of Emotion Coaching.
Outline of Day
- The practice of physical/emotional self-regulation strategies participants could use themselves but also model and use with pupils/staff/parents. These include: deep breathing, 7/11 breathing, progressive relaxation, sensory attention focusing and shifting activities, taking in and enhancing the good and visualisations.
- Discussion how paticipants had used EC in their place of work or home since initial training and consider successes and difficulties.
- Different areas of EC-related skill development or extension:
- The importance of non-verbal communication and how to tune into children’s emotions - including empathic listening
- How to use EC when a child has ‘flipped their lid’ – combining physical ‘up’ regulation with cognitive ‘down’ regulation.
- Meta-Emotion Philosophy: Managing personal feelings when a pupil rejects us.
- Use of Regulation Stations in class/home to support children’s emotional awareness.
- Critical consideration of successful and unsuccessful attempts at EC.
- EC anxiety; an emotion that may result in more internalised behaviour.
4. Continued EC practice/reflection through the use of script writing.
- Digging Deeper into EC£175£1750£0